After Rachel Miller’s Keynote speech she explains to me the system that she uses with her mother to keep on top of the workload leading up to her final high school exams. They just completed a 4-week online mind mapping course with BulletMap Academy . I got the rare opportunity to ask them how it has affected life at home and school in person at the Dyslexia Scotland Education Conference. Rachel gave a storming keynote speech to 150+ educators, see episode #17.
– Now converting 50 class handouts into maps a week!
– How mum reads the handout and she highlights
– She takes the highlights and goes to create a map
– Writing English essays with a map.
– Using phone to dictate
– Mum talking about the reduction in stress and pressure
– Verbally processing by using a map
– Saving time
– Mum using a map to test Rachel
– How to do the revision on the go!
– Reviewing maps before doing a class
– Advice to other parents when to learn to map
– How two different children use the map
– Using a map in a class to brainstorm in a class
– How teachers respond to mind mapping in the class
– “I love being dyslexic”
– How teams and tools are essential
– How Dyslexics help teams operate.
– Seeing the big picture from multiple points of view.
– How Rachel started a mind mapping club for 10 yr olds.
listen to the podcast now.
Links you might like to check out:
Dyslexia Scotland Conference Website: www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk
Young Ambassadors website: unwrapped.dyslexiascotland.org.uk
Making Sense – Dyslexia Review: addressingdyslexia.org
Call Scotland Website: www.callscotland.org.uk
Dyslexia Explored episodes: bulletmapacademy.com/dyslexia-explored/
The BulletMap Acadmey
BulletMap Academy is the only online dyslexia study skills club in the world. We help parents get their kids high school ready; fusing innovative e-learning with 1-to-1 coaching, a motivational community, and seal the deal with the rewards and recognition dyslexic kids deserve.
days until the new adventure starts
Podcast #122 “Xena” Scriptwriter and Author R.S. Mellette Share How He Writes As Slowly As He Pleased
In this episode, we are going to explore how R.S. Mellette came to know about dyslexia and how it helped him in being a screenwriter and, later on, being an author
In this episode, we are going to explore more about the dynamic relationship between ADHD and Dyslexia with Dr. Abbey Weinstein and Lauri Peterson.